
Isabel got her ears pierced today! It was all very exciting. I took her to a piercing shop to get it done by a reputable piercer who it turns out is also a phlebotomist.
She thought Isabel was the coolest for finishing leukemia treatment and having dyed blue hair.
Isabel has been considering pierced ears for the past year if not longer, but it wasn't until recently that she solidly wanted it. With everything Isabel has endured during her cancer treatments, I knew she was mature enough to handle the care of her piercings.She got scared for a minute when she sat on the big dentist chair. I think it reminded her of the hospital and that broke my heart a little bit. I kept joking around, trying to lighten the mood.
She wanted me to hold her hand while it was being done and Rachel, the piercer, was great. She had Isabel take a breath and inserted the needle as Isabel blew out. Thanks to the numbing cream I put on her earlobes, she literally didn't feel a thing.
Gabe took a bunch of weird angled photos while it was being done and I took one of Isabel and Rachel afterward and she requested that I give her a copy to hang on her studio wall. I will because I think that's awesome.
I'm so glad I went to the tattoo shop instead of Claire's boutique. Rachel really took her time and made sure the dots were lined up and straight and talked Isabel through it all and I thought it was a hoot she was in the medical field as well. So, that was exciting. I was a little ferklempt at my tween girl.

Go Isabel! That looks like a great, memorable experience. (I love that I get to make comments now. Maybe you will inspire me to keep up my blog.)
ReplyDeleteI too am so excited to get to make comments now!! Very cool hair Isabel! I know Hazel will be impressed- I will show her tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteI thought she was only seven....
ReplyDeleteAnyway, awesome hair! She seems like she was very brave. :)
She is only 7. Does that not make her a tween yet?
ReplyDeleteI thought that just meant pre-teen.
Anyway, yes, she's still a kid, but taking her to a tattoo parlor to get pierced made me feel like she was older than she is!